You’ve probably heard of the term “golden hour.” This is the time of day shortly after sunrise or before sunset when the light has a warm, golden hue. This type of light is beautiful and flattering, and it’s perfect for taking portraits. Many wedding photographers take advantage of this natural light, and you should too! Evening portraits are a great way to add some extra glamour to your wedding photos.
Evening portraits are becoming a popular request among couples who are planning their weddings. These shots have a completely different mood and give you something extra-special to remember your wedding. Talk to your Jasper photographer to see how you can make this happen.
By choosing to do evening portraits, you will need to be willing to sneak away from your reception for a bit, but it’s a decision you won’t regret.
Whether you take a few moonlit photos in the gardens at your venue or admire the stars with a bonfire burning in the background, evening shots add variety to your wedding album and will give you the chance to share a special moment with your new spouse while everyone else is having a good time at your reception.
The evening portraits are often some of the most stunning images from a wedding day.
The light is more dramatic at this time of day and you will be relaxed after a busy day of celebrating. Make sure to schedule some time for these important photos. We know how to work with natural light as well as with flashes to create beautiful evening portraits. These are an important part of your wedding story and should not be missed!
Planning for Evening Portraits
If you decide that evening portraits at your Jasper wedding are something you want to do, you will need to adjust your timeline accordingly.
Getting the best evening shots all comes down to timing. While this is something your photographer will assist you with, there are a few things to take into consideration:
- Make sure that your caterers know about your evening portraits so that they can feed you and your guests accordingly
- Don’t let your guests go hungry, serve them their entrees before you head off for your photos
- Be sure to plan the photos with your photographer ahead of time if you want the best shots. To take the best evening portraits, your photographer may need to arrange some additional lighting. They will need time to set it up, which is why it’s important to plan this in advance.
It’s highly recommended that you schedule your evening portraits at your Jasper wedding after you’ve had dinner. Then you can leave your guests to dance and socialize while you have your photos taken.
Jasper is one of the most beautiful places in Canada, and night time photos are extra magical.
If you’re planning a wedding in Jasper, here are some tips for getting stunning evening portraits:
– Jasper is known for its stunning mountain views, so make sure to take advantage of that by getting some photos taken with the mountains in the background.
– The lighting is different at night, so your photographer will need to use a different technique to get the best results.
– You’ll want to schedule your evening portraits for after the sun has gone down, but before it gets too dark. This will give you the best lighting conditions.
Make sure that you mention any special night activities such as fireworks or a sparkler send-off to your photographer so that they can work these shots in. Also, if there are any specific evening shots that you have in mind, discuss them with your wedding photographer before your big day. Because we are based in Jasper, we know how to make the most of the nighttime lighting, whether it’s using the stars as a backdrop or finding the perfect vantage point for dramatic skies. Trust us to capture some truly unforgettable evening portraits on your wedding day.
Night-time photos are not only incredibly romantic, but the lighting can be quite dramatic and flattering. Oftentimes, your wedding day will be packed with so many events and emotions that it can be difficult to truly relax and enjoy the night. Night-time portraits give you a chance to slow down, take a breath, and just soak in the fact that you’re married!
Night-time portraits are a great way to add variety to your wedding photo album. They also tend to be more relaxed and natural than posed daytime shots. If you want images that capture the essence of your wedding day, night portraits are the way to go!