Looking for a Jasper photographer to cover your wedding day can be one of the most stressful decisions that you make. It doesn’t have to be so. There is a photograph out there for everyone, the secret is looking for a Jasper wedding photographer that shares your same values and that you connect with. Often, we find that our brides and grooms don’t really know what to ask us because they have never hired a photographer before. The number one question that we get asked when people simply want to start the conversation is, “How much do you charge?”. That question will not give you an insight into their philosophy and often end the conversation. Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, an event that should be documented for not only you but for generations to come. I still pull out my parent’s albums from over 60 years ago and it always put a smile on my face. There is no price tag that I can put on it. Having said that, you will have a budget that you want to have in place, but the experience that you have with your photographer on your wedding day should be priceless!
So, I decided to get married in Jasper, now what?
What are some questions that I should ask my Jasper photographer?
We recommend meeting with your Jasper photographer or at the very least, have a phone call with them. Instagram and Facebook photos do not give you an idea of how you will connect with them. Asking questions and getting to know each other will help you decide who you want to cover your day. There are so many other questions that will give you insight into your photographer’s philosophy other than, how much do you charge and what equipment do you use? Here is a list of photos that we encourage you to ask:
- How familiar are you with Jasper? How many weddings in Jasper have you photographed? Can you share a sample specifically from Jasper?
- Do you know some unique locations in Jasper for photos?
- How many photographers will there be? Are the photographers the same all the time or do you out-source? Do you use assistants?
- Have you photographed both small and large weddings? Do you use different philosophies depending on the size of the wedding?
- What is your working style? How do you lead the photography session?
- Do you use digital, film, or both?
- Do you do retouching, color adjustment, or corrective services, If so, are there extra fees?
- How long after the wedding do we get the images? How will they be delivered?
- Is there a contract that we sign? What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you carry insurance and are you licensed to photograph in Jasper?
- What sets you apart from other photographers? Why should we hire you?
- Would you be able to provide references if we choose you as our Jasper wedding photographer?